Our reading period is August 1 – October 1.
Red Cedar Review encourages art, poetry, and prose submissions from upcoming writers and artists who are unpublished (or have been published fewer than four times). We accept all works of poetry and short prose, including flash, genre fiction, creative nonfiction, and one-act plays. However, we do not want to read work that promotes bigotry, hate language, explicit sexual content, and/or obscenity for the sake of obscenity.
Writers can submit up to three poems and two works of prose or drama. We accept simultaneous submissions, but please let us know if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- All art submissions must be photographs, photocopies, or other copy reproductions of the piece. Please note that no art submissions will be returned.
- All literature submissions must be no more than fifteen pages, typed.
- Poetry submissions should be limited to five poems total.
- Prose submissions must be double spaced.
- Each piece must be individually titled.
How to Submit
Please proceed to our Submittable page to submit your work. Be sure to attach a cover letter!